NOTE: Volunteers for one-time or group events are not required to undergo a criminal background check nor to commit to a minimum period of service.
1. Volunteers commit to a minimum of once a week for at least six months.
2. Volunteers for group events must be 13 years or older. Parental/guardian consent and adult accompaniment is required if under 18 years old.
3. Volunteers participate in an orientation before volunteering.
4. Adult volunteers undergo a background check. There is no charge to the volunteer for this.
5. Volunteers who perform duties that would ordinarily require that they be licensed under the laws of the District of Columbia are required to have the required license(s) prior to volunteering or be enrolled in an educational or training program in preparation for licensing.
Volunteer Opportunities are continually updated. for current openings, se the "Contact Us" form or email Emily Monahan, Director of Community Outreach and Volunteer Services, 202-299-5525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the Contact Us link to request information about a program, medical records or a hospital department. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person within the hospital.
You can also contact the Medical Records Department directly by calling 202-299-5200 or faxing 202-561-6954.
Prospective volunteers first have a telephone conversation with the Director of Community Outreach and Volunteer Services, who may be reached at 202-299-5525 or Emily.Monahan@dc.gov.
Afterward, volunteers will be sent the volunteer application forms.